We’re expanding our fish repertoire.
Mon mari‘s caveat is ‘No bones’.
We eat a lot of salmon… But, sometimes, a little variety is nice.
I get the ‘back’ of cod. It has no bones.
We’re both happy.
Best part – it’s ready in 15 minutes!
Grilled Cod with Horseradish Mustard Sauce
Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 filets of cod, or other thick, firm white fish, 12oz (350gr) total weight
- 2 tbs prepared horseradish
- 2 tbs whole grain mustard
- 2 tbs olive oil
- wood chips
- Soak the wood chips in water for 15 – 30 minutes.
- Mix the horseradish, mustard, olive oil and spread on one side of cod.
- Cook on barbecue grill over indirect heat, covered, 8 – 12 minutes, without turning, until it flakes easily.
- If cooking on charcoal, have the coals on one side of the grill and put wood chips on top.
- If cooking on a gas grill, wrap wood chips in foil, poke holes in the foil and put over direct heat.
We’ve all recovered from our little trip.
I have the pantry stocked with olive oil, sherry and rosado from Andorra.
(Spanish olive oil is wonderful, and I buy 5 litre cans in Andorra for half of what I pay here in France; I can’t buy sherry in France and I love it for stir-fries and Moroccan food; don’t tell the French, but I actually prefer Spanish Rosados to French Rosé.)
In the garden, the zucchini is producing like crazy, the lettuce is done and I just picked the first tomatoes.
I think it’s summer, finally.
And those are all the words I have today…. Some days they just aren’t there.