My preferred mushroom for stuffing is the brown cremini. I think it has more flavor than the white button mushrooms.
For other dishes I take advantage of all the wonderful field and forest mushrooms available this time of year (see below), but one needs a nice ‘cap’ for stuffing.
Mushrooms Stuffed with Couscous and Feta
Total time: 30 minutes
- 6 large mushrooms, (1 1/2 ” diameter, 4cm)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbs couscous
- 3 tbs chicken stock
- 2oz (60gr) feta, cut into small cubes
- 3 tbs chopped black, Greek olives
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 125ml) tomato sauce I used orange tomato sauce from my freezer