Did I mention that I like goat cheese with beets?
I decided that we could go a week or two without puff pastry….
But I’m not quite ready to stop fussing with the goat cheese and beets.
And, despite the nearly non-stop rain, I’m starting to think about spring salads.
This is a compromise.
Browned Shallots with Beet Salad and Chevre
Total time: 20 minutes
- 4 medium shallots, cut in half the long way
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2 medium, cooked red beets (beetroot), cubed
- 2 rounded tbs soft goat cheese
- 1 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tbs Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Sauté shallots in 2 tsp olive oil until very browned and starting to get crisp.
- Stir in 1 tsp Balsamic vinegar, remove from heat and keep warm.
- Whisk mustard and 1 tbs Balsamic vinegar in a medium bowl.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil.
- Add beets and stir to combine.
- To finish: divide shallots and arrange on two plates.
- Divide Beet Salad and spoon next to shallots
- Add chevre and serve.
We hung wallpaper this week.
I should say mon mari hung wall paper. I am not deemed sufficiently qualified to do more than assist as instructed. (I’m no fool – he’s good at it and has the experience.)
We decided to do it in 2 shades of blue.
I like blue.
I can pretend it’s an uncloudy sky….. (yes, I know that’s not a word, but if Willie Nelson can say sing it I can type it.)
That’s mon mari – working on the trim.
In case you’re wandering what’s next – after the floor and the trim and the doors, that is…..
This is the last corner to be done….
The last room.
Did I mention that there were feral cats living up here before we bought the house?
I think we’ll need a new door….