First, the good news….
We’ve had sunshine for three days in a row.
Another week of this and the mud may be gone from our front garden!
We could have clean dogs again!!!!
Well… There’s always hope.
And, in the meantime, there’s pasta.
Pasta with Sausage, Cabbage and Sage
Total time: 30 minutes
- 10oz (300gr) sausages
1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 tbs rubbed sage or 15 fresh leaves
- 1 tbs paprika, smoky or sweet
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cups whole tomatoes (15oz, 450gr)
- 1 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup pasta – penne, rigatoni, fusilli
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
- Slice sausages into 1″ (2.5cm) pieces.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add paprika and sauté 1 minute.
- Add onion, garlic, cabbage and sauté 10 minutes or until starting to get tender.
- Add sausage, sage and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and their juices, turn heat to low, cover and simmer 20 minutes or until cabbage is done.
- Uncover, turn heat up and stir in vinegar.
- Add drained pasta and toss to mix well. Heat through and serve.
The trim is done!
There wasn’t even the usual lot of complaining.
Maybe it’s all the practice from the rest of the house.
Or maybe the knowledge that it’s getting near the end
And the floor is started…. Barely.
He bought 15 meter boards for the frame for the floor. That way they would go from wall to wall in one piece.
The best laid plans…..