I posted a recipe very similar to this a few years ago.
But this is soooo good it deserves a repeat.
One more dish to make mon mari’s ‘Fish Hell Night’ something he’s starting to look forward to.
Puff Pastry Pizza with Smoked Salmon, Green Garlic and White Cheese
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 5oz (150gr) smoked salmon, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 125gr) fromage frais
- 3oz (90gr) aged goat cheese, sliced thinly
- 8 – 10 Greek olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 green garlic, thinly sliced, including green tops
- Lay the pastry crust out on a baking sheet.
- Spread the fromage frais on the pastry, close to the edges.
- Top with smoked salmon, goat cheese, tomatoes, green garlic and olives.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 400F (200C) for 20 – 25 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
We’ve had an interesting change taking place, chez nous.
A few years ago, after spending quality time enjoying the cuisine of a French hospital, mon mari developed a distaste for things like pasta and rice and barley and basically anything but potatoes.
It wasn’t that he wouldn’t eat other things, he just preferred potatoes.
A year later, after my French physical proclaimed me fat, I went on a diet.
Not a serious, offical diet….. I don’t do those.
My diet philosphy is to reduce calories and increase exercise…. And not a lot of either. I don’t believe any sort of program works unless it’s easy to maintain.
One of the things I eliminated from my diet was potatoes. Not all potatoes and not every day…. Just some potatoes, some days.
As long as mon mari wanted potatoes and I wanted to lose weight, I made potatoes most nights for him and only occasionally for me. He still suffered through pasta or rice once or twice a week to keep me happy.
He started getting tired of potatoes.
Fortunately, this coincided with me reaching my weight goals.
What’s different is, back in the beginning of time, potatoes were his favorite, followed by rice and pasta.
Couscous and quinoa and barley were tolerated at best, and then only rarely.
Now he’s actually suggesting I make couscous and not giving me that ‘oh poor me’ look when I grab the barley or quinoa.
Things are finally getting interesting again.
As long as I keep him happy on Fish Hell Night….