Today we had sunshine, rain, sleet, hail and high winds…. all repeated several times.
I know spring is coming. The calendar assures me it will be here soon.
And I found snow peas.
Stir Fried Chicken with Mushrooms and Snow Peas
Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 rib celery, sliced
- 4oz (120gr) snow peas, trimmed
- 4oz (120gr) mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60ml) sherry
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame seed oil
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 125ml) chicken stock
- 1 tbs cornstarch (maizena, corn flour) dissolved in water
- Basmati Rice
- 1/2 cup Basmati rice
- 1 cup (8oz, 240ml) chicken stock
- Cook rice in chicken stock until done, app. 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet or wok heat half of both oils over medium-high heat.
- Add celery, onion, pepper and stir fry 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, snow peas, mushrooms and stir-fry 3 minutes more.
- Transfer vegetables to a plate.
- Add the rest of the oils to the skillet.
- Add chicken and stir fry 4 minutes.
- Return the vegetables to the pan and add chicken stock, sherry and soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 3 – 5 minutes longer.
- Give the cornstarch/stock a stir to recombine and add it to the pan, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Serve over Basmati.
Mon mari has been trimming.
With the cold and nasty weather outside, he is more than happy to be fussing with the trim inside.
He’s doing the bits around the floor.
He also put an electrical outlet in the floor. One doesn’t put outlets in stone walls.
Apparently, wiring isn’t always in the most convenient place.
He tells me that he lost 2 screwdrivers and a pliers, dropped down forever between the walls.
I did hear a bit of colorful language emanating from the closet.
He heard a bit of colorful language emanating from my desk the few times the power cut-out without warning.
He tells me that he finally tied his tools on an idiot string around his neck to keep from losing any more.