The grill is repaired and open for business.
At mon mari‘s request, one of the first things cooked is, as usual, barbecued chicken.
Since we’re not (because of the iffy weather) in full summer barbecue mode yet, I only made enough barbecue sauce for this meal.
Barbecued Chicken Thighs
Total time: 45 minutes
- chicken thighs, as many as you like to eat… We cooked 5.
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- Barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 tbs molasses
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Wash chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Put on barbecue grill on indirect heat and close cover.
- Check periodically – if any pieces flare up just move around a bit. An instant-read or remote read meat thermometer is a great help.
- After about 20 minutes start basting with barbecue sauce (if you do it earlier the sauce may burn). I always put 2/3’s of the sauce in a separate small bowl to be used for dipping at the table before mon mari starts the basting.
- Chicken will be done at 170F or when it is no longer pink and the juices run clear when pierced with a knife. Try not to cook it too long or it will be dry – and remember that the breast will be done before the thigh. It should take about 30 minutes over indirect heat but can be up to an hour, depending on heat.
- Remove and serve with sauce on the side.
- Barbecue Sauce
- Put all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk well.
A repeat and a favor…
I’d like to say it’s done, but it isn’t. There is still loads of work to do and a few bizarre problems but I shall overcome all (I hope).
New posts are on the new sight.
Here are some details….
The URL of the blog is the same: http://thymeforcookingblog.com.
The RSS feeds are different.
The old RSS, etc feeds were :
- (Atom)” href=”http://thyme2.typepad.com/thyme_for_cooking_/atom.xml“
- (RSS 1.0)” href=”http://thyme2.typepad.com/thyme_for_cooking_/index.rdf“
- (RSS 2.0)” href=”http://thyme2.typepad.com/thyme_for_cooking_/rss.xml“
The new feeds are:
I checked with the W3C Feed Validation Service and they appear to be correct…. If there is a problem, please let me know.
Lastly, a favor….
Strange things are happening on tablets and phones and other people’s computers.
Some happen on mine, some (apparently) don’t.
If you see a problem, could you leave a comment on it please? Or send me a message / tweet / whatever? Thank you…