Puff pastry makes wonderful ‘tarts’.
The asparagus and green garlic are blanched quickly first. Then it’s just assemble and bake, for an easy but impressive first course.
Asparagus and Green Garlic Tarts
Total time: 25 minutes
- 6 slim asparagus spears, roll cut into small pieces
- 3 green garlic, roll cut into small pieces, including greent tops
- 2oz (60gr) aged goat cheese, thinly sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 sheet puff pastry
- Thaw puff pastry, if needed. Cut out 2 rectangles or squares or circles or whatever
- Lay the cut pastry on a baking sheet. Using a table knife, lightly score a line .5″ (1.25cm) inside the edge of the pastry.
- Fill a medium saucepan half full of water and heat to boiling.
- Add the asparagus and blanch for 2 minutes.
- Add the green garlic and blanch for 1 minute longer.
- Remove and refresh in cold water.
- To assemble:
- Lay cheese on the pastry
- Divide asparagus, green garlic and tomatoes and arrange on cheese.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 400F (200C) for 10 – 15 minutes, until sides of pastry have puffed around middle and is golden brown.
- Remove and serve
Here’s the deal:
We had our friend from Spain with us Tuesday, leaving Wed. am.
Wed. pm 2 friends from the US arrived – luck enough to get out on standby tickets.
We’re all busy having fun, learning how new cameras and phones and GPS work in Europe when brought over from US….
Enjoy my little tart.
Regular posting will resume in a day or two when regular life resumes.
But this life is way too much fun at the moment!