This hardly qualifies as a recipe.
Actually, it doesn’t qualify as a recipe.
I put the
blame credit for this simple dish directly on the shoulders of mon mari.
Friday was his birthday.
Yes, that;s right, his birthday was on Fish Hell Night.
I let him choose – it being his special day and all…..
This was it.
It was good.
Actually, it was fantastic! (And slightly more than 3 ingredients…)
Pesto rosso is pesto made with tomato and almonds, along with the basil.
Pasta with Shrimp and Pesto Rosso
Total time: 20 minutes
- 10oz (300gr) large shrimp (prawns), cleaned
- 2 tsp cooking olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/3 cup pesto rosso
- 1 tbs salad olive oil
- 8oz (250gr) fresh fettuccine
- Cook pasta according to package directions. When done, drain.
- Clean shrimp if needed, if not just rinse and let drain.
- Mix 2 tsp olive oil, paprika and chili powder pesto. Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Cook shrimp on barbecue, using a grill pan, until raw shrimp curl and turn opaque, 4 – 5 minutes.
- To finish:
- Mix pesto rosso and olive oil.
- Add to pasta, along with shrimp, and toss well to coat.
Mon mari didn’t do any work last week.
It was his birthday week so he just played.
Okay, okay… he did a few things – mowed and trimmed and strimmed. And then he did it all again. All the rain, followed by sunny, warm weather makes everything grow very, very fast.
All the rain also encourages the taupe (moles) to come closer to the surface.
They have done a great job of destroying my herb garden. They create huge mounds of dirt and undercut the roots.
Between the taupe, the escargot (snails) and limace (slugs) my herb garden is a disaster.
Accept for the lavender. For some reason the lavender is doing great – should be blooming in another week or so.
To end on a high note (higher than the taupe mounds)…..
Aren’t my lilies gorgeous?
I have to go water now…. and admire the sunset.