Do you often find yourself not seeing the forest for the trees?
I seem to be doing that a lot lately.
One would think that realizing it would make me change.
One would think….
Making this easy gratin requires minimum thinking and very little effort.
You can use almost any vegetable in it, modifying it to suit your taste.
Think of it as vegetable comfort food.
Rainbow Chard Gratin
Total time: 40 minutes
- 7oz (210gr) rainbow chard, roughly chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 eggs (you can substitute 3 egg whites)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 2 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3 tsp olive oil, divided
- Sauté shallots in 2 tsp olive oil until tender.
- Add chard, cover and cook until wilted.
- Remove from heat, uncover and allow to cool slightly.
- In medium bowl beat eggs well.
- Add yogurt, mustard, cheese and chili powder. Mix well.
- Add chard to egg mixture and mix well.
- Spoon into a small baking dish, coated with oil. (I use a 7 inch square glass baking dish)
- Bake at 400F (200C) for 25 minutes.
- Remove and serve from baking dish.
Change vegetables and seasonings to tickle your fancy….
If you have a fancy….
As to my forest and tree problem….
I spent all day yesterday trying to get something to work a certain way on my site – on desktop, laptop and mobile.
I spent all day yesterday getting more and more frustrated.
I dreamt about it.
I started back at it this morning.
I couldn’t get it to work.
I took a walk.
I had another cup of coffee.
The proverbial light bulb came on.
The solution was so simple….
When, oh when, did I stop ‘thinking outside the box’?
I threw out the old code and replaced it with something so simple and so straightforward I was dumbfounded that I hadn’t done it that way in the first place.
Why do I persist in making my life so difficult?
It now works the way I want it to…..
12 hours of pushing the square peg into the round hole, 1 hour to do it the easy way.
Think I’ll learn anything from this?
If you want nutrition information for the recipe, try this site: Calorie Count