My white zucchini has started being productive…. Productive enough that I was able to pick a little one to stuff for a first course this weekend.
It was very long and skinny – great for stuffing.
Also great for the stuffing to bubble out of.
If that happens, as did with mine, just take a spatula and put it on top of the ham. Still good!
Stuffed Baby White Zucchini (Courgette)
Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 baby white squash or zucchini (courgette)
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 tsp pesto rosso
- 1oz (30gr) fresh mozzarella
- 2 slices Prosciutto or other dry-cured ham
- 1 large, ripe tomato, sliced
- basil leaves, for garnish
- Sauté the shallots in oil until tender.
- Cut the squash in half the long way.
- Using the tip of a small spoon, scrape out the seeds and a bit of flesh, leaving about 1/4″ (.5cm) all around.
- Divide and spread the shallots, pesto rosso, and mozzarella into each of the halves.
- Wrap the each slice of Prosciutto diagonally around a squash half, tucking the ends under the squash.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake, 400F (200C) for 20 minutes.
- Remove Stuffed Zucchini, arrange on plates, garnish with tomatoes, basil and serve.
Mon mari is back to work, so to speak.
He’s been busy in the barn doing his favorite thing – playing with wood.
He wants me to be specific – these doors are not finished.
But they’re looking pretty good, I think.
It will be nice having doors on the closets.
Who would have thought I could get so excited about doors?
While he’s working on the doors I set up my drying rack in the same bedroom to use for my herbs.
I have a pretty good, easy system working.
Despite the fact that he’s working in there, the room stays relatively free of dust, making it great for drying anything. I spend an hour or two cutting and tying enough herbs each week to fill half of the rack. I let them hang for two weeks, then pack them away. I’ve been doing it since mid-July and I think this will be the last.
I’m almost ready for winter.
If you want nutrition information, try this site: Calorie Count