This is a very boring title for a really good shrimp and scallop dish….
Unfortunately, fun creative names for recipes don’t ‘get found’.
And it would be a shame if people didn’t find this.
I could have called it ‘Sunset over the Mediterranean’.
But I’m pretty sure Google wouldn’t have made the match.
Butter and oil are used together – the butter for flavor and the oil to keep the butter from getting too brown or burning.
Shrimp, Scallops, Green Olives and Capers on Basmati
Total time: 20 minutes
- 6oz (180gr) scallops
- 6oz (180gr) shrimp
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1/4 cup pimiento-stuffed green olives, sliced
- 2 tbs capers
- 3 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbs chicken stock
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup Basmati rice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Cook rice in stock for 15 minutes, or until done.
- Heat butter and oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add scallops and sauté quickly, until lightly browned on both sides. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Add shrimp and sauté until they curl and turn opaque. Add to scallops.
- Turn heat to medium, add shallots and paprika. Sauté until shallots are tender, 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add olives, capers, lemon juice, chicken stock and parsley. heat through.
- Return shrimp, scallops to skillet and heat through.
- When rice is done, arrange on a platter, top with shrimp and scallops.
I was thinking about the Coen Brothers today.
And their movie, ‘Fargo‘.
I just can’t look at the wood chipper the same way after seeing that movie…..
It was nice today – after days of wind and rain….
Mon mari decided to start the tree trimming.
A proper French property owner would cut the trees back every year.
We’re not proper.
We do it every two years.
I offered to help…. thinking I would haul a few big branches to the trailer and that would be it.
And all the leaves and small branches.
There weren’t any nice big branches for me to haul away.
But there were lots and lots of small ones for me to feed the chipper with.
Four hours later it was all nice and tidy again.
I would have taken an after photo but it was dark…..
I have to say, cutting all the branches off the trees means that there’ll be no further raking required this fall.
That’s a good thing.
Now if I can just get that movie out of my head…….
If you want nutrition information for the recipe, try this site: Calorie Count