The only thing I couldn’t find at the Asian market was was a big bottle of Teriyaki sauce.
I could find small bottles but we use a lot of it in summer, for marinades and vinaigrettes.
I really don’t like paying a fortune for a small bottle, using it as a marinade, then throwing it out.
I decided to make my own.
Not that I mean to brag or anything, but…..
It’s so much better than anything I have ever bought
Grilled Teriyaki Lamb Chops
Total time: 30 minutes
- 4 lamb chops
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60ml) Teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbs fresh rosemary, chopped
- Teriyaki sauce:
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120ml) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60ml) water
- 1/4 cup (1.75oz, 50gr) brown sugar
- 2 tbs sherry vinegar
- 1/2 tsp powdered ginger
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients for Teriyaki sauce in a saucepan and heat just until sugar and spices dissolve.
- Allow to cool, refrigerate unused portion.
- Combine 1/4 cup Teriyaki sauce and rosemary.
- Pour marinade over chops. and let marinate for 10 – 20 minutes.
- Remove from marinade and cook on barbecue 3 – 5 minutes per side, depending on thickness and heat of fire.
- Remove and serve.
I may have to bet the 5 litre plastic barrel of soy sauce after all.
It’s been a bit of a crazy day, so it’s a short post….
But I was so pleased with the Teriyaki Sauce that I had to share.
Now I have to have a glass of wine.