Since mon mari prefers not to eat pasta, and I love pasta, I thought we could try a compromise.
He’s fine with rice.
The selection of rice noodles at the Asian market is amazing. I had no idea they came in so many different shapes, widths and lengths
Stir-Fried Pork with Noodles
Total time: 25 minutes
- 8oz (240gr) lean pork, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 green garlic, sliced
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1/2 bell red pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 cup (6oz, 180gr sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup (3ozm 90gr) cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4oz (120gr) rice noodles
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup (8oz, 240ml) beef stock
- 1 tbs mushroom soy sauce
- 2 tbs mirin
- 1 tbs cornstarch (Maizena) dissolved in 2 tbs water
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, pepper and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add green garlic, ginger and stir-fry another 2 minutes. Remove vegetables and set aside.
- Add pork and stir-fry 3 – 5 minutes, until nicely browned.
- Return vegetables to skillet, add pea pods, soy sauce, mirin, stock, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes and heat through.
- Add cornstarch mixture and stir until thickened.
- When pasta is done, drain and add to skillet. Toss to combine, tongs work best, or two forks.
- Serve, with more soy sauce if desired, according to taste.
I’ve been working on a project.
I love working on projects. The problem is I normally get so engrossed that all else get sloughed off and ignored.
Today I decided to be a good girl.
I got all my chores done this morning, caught up on emails and other internet stuff, did my entire work-out and exercised the dogs.
A quick shower, lunch and I had a solid three hours to spend engrossed in my project.
I was just stepping out of the shower when the lights blinked.
Then they went off, came back on, went off, came back on, went off.
I heard thunder.
The lights stayed off.
Not only could I not work on my project (requires computer) I couldn’t do anything else.
It was a rather violent thunderstorm, the house was dark, the wind was blowing and we had no electricity.
The best laid plans….
At least I won’t have to water tonight.
Ah yes…. The electricity was only off for about 90 minutes. But, when it came back on the washing machine wouldn’t work. It had been mid-cycle. So we had sopping wet, soapy clothes to deal with. Mon mari fixed the machine and all is back to normal.
Whatever normal is around here…..