You’ve never had smoked pasta?
It is, without a doubt, the best dish of summer.
We’ve been making it for years and it’s better each time.
I make it for guests…. They are always skeptical at first, then amazed at how fantastic it is. Then we come to blows over the last of it.
It’s worth buying a smoker just so you can make it.
It’s that good
Total time: 75 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups bite size pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5oz (150gr) semi-soft cheese such as fontina or raclette, shredded
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbs Kirschwasser or cherry brandy
- grill pan
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Put pasta into grill pan.
- Add all ingredients but shredded cheese and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Put on top rack of smoker and smoke for about an hour, until top starts to brown. If using kettle-type barbecue, place over indirect heat, add wood chips and smoke about 30 minutes, or until top starts to brown.
We went to a little festival at a local vineyard today.
It’s really more of a lunch party than a festival. There’s nothing for sale other than food and wine.
There’s food and wine to buy to take home and food and wine to buy and consume ‘sur place’.
There was grilled steak with fries, grilled duck breast with fries, foie gras, snails, salads, breads, fruits and sweets.
You decide what you want then go from booth to booth to collect it, pick up a bottle of wine and find a table.
There are tables under the trees and tables in the barn….. By the cows.
Parking is in the vineyard.
And there was live entertainment.
I told you it was summer…..