My tomatoes have late blight which is exacerbated by rain.
My squash, both summer and winter, have powdery mildew which is alleviated by rain.
We’ve been having thunderstorms, on and off, for two days.
What can I say……
With the on and off thunderstorms we also have on and off internet.
I have nothing to say……
The onions have been good.
Grilled, Stuffed Red Onions
Total time: 45 minutes
- 2 large red or sweet onions
- 1 slice ham – Prosciutto or other dry-cured ham, chopped
- 2 tbs bread crumbs
- 1 tbs Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tbs olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- Make an X in the center of the top of each onion, cutting almost to the edges. Using a small spoon, hollow out each onion.
- Combine the ham, bread crumbs, Parmesan and herbs.
- Add mustard, 1 tbs olive oil and stir to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the onions pressing it down to fit.
- Make 2 squares of aluminum foil, double.
- Put one onion in the center of each square.
- Drizzle the remaining olive oil over each, dividing equally.
- Bring the edges of the foil together to make a packet and fold to seal.
- Cook on barbecue grill, over indirect heat for 25 minutes.
- Remove and let rest 10 minutes longer to finish.
- Open packets, remove onions and serve.
Since I have nothing to say I will leave you with some words of wisdom I ran across in the Washington Post a few years back:
Cashtration (n.): The act of buying a house, which renders the
subject financially impotent for an indefinite period of time.
Ignoranus : A person who’s both stupid and an asshole.
Intaxication : Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.
Bozone ( n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops
bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.
Foreploy : Any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose of getting laid.
Sarchasm : The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn’t get it.
Karmageddon : It’s like, when everybody is sending off all these really bad vibes, right? And then, like, the Earth explodes and it’s like, a serious bummer.
Decafalon (n.): The gruelling event of getting through the day consuming only things that are good for you.
Dopeler Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
Arachnoleptic Fit (n.): The frantic dance performed just after you’ve accidentally walked through a spider web.
Beelzebug (n.) : Satan in the form of a mosquito, that gets into your bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.
Caterpallor ( n.): The color you turn after finding half a worm in the fruit you’re eating.