I cook orzo the same way I do rice, in just enough stock.
It gets very creamy and is a nice change….
Parmesan Orzo with Fresh Herbs
Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 cup (4.5oz, 130gr) orzo
- 1 1/4 cups (10oz, 300ml) chicken stock
- 1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbs fresh parsley
- 1 tbs fresh basil
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in small saucepan.
- Add orzo and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add stock and bring to a simmer on medium heat.
- Turn heat to low and simmer until done, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- All stock will be absorbed.
- Stir in cheese and herbs.
- Remove from heat and serve. This will be creamy, not stiff.
I’ve shopped; I’ve dropped; I’ve eaten way too much.
I had big plans to do lots of posts and get lots of work done.
Well, we all know what the road to hell is paved with…..
I’m packed, almost within the weight limits, and ready to head home to mon mari and the girls.
More from my side of the pond later.
Oh, and school starts Tuesday…. I should be in great shape for that LOL
Last update on September 14, 2014