The tomatoes aren’t stopping…. But no more red ones.
I had a very large, lovely yellow tomato and a bit of feta that needed a purpose.
These are noodles made from eggs. They’re basically a thin omelet, sliced into strips. I add a bit of flour to help make them a bit firmer. You could use regular flour or corn flour (cornstarch)
Egg Noodles with Yellow Tomato Sauce
TTotal time: 35 minutes
- 3 eggs,
- 2 1/4 tsp flour
- 4 1/2 tsp milk
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 thin slices Prosciutto or other dry-cured ham, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup (8oz, 240ml) peeled and chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup Greek or Kalamta olives, sliced
- 2oz (60gr) feta, crumbled
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet. Add shallots, ham and sauté until shallots are tender.
- Add tomatoes, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, uncovered. Stir occasionally. It should be chunky and thick.
- Stir in feta and olives.
- Put eggs in medium bowl and whisk well.
- Add flour, a little at a time, sprinkling it across the eggs, and whisking well after each addition.
- Add the milk and whisk well.
- Heat the oil in a medium nonstick skillet or omelet pan, 7 – 8″ (20cm) in diameter, over medium heat.
- Add 1/3rd of the egg mixture, tilting pan to cover well. Let cook, undisturbed for 1 – 2 minutes, until cooked through and top is dry. With a spatula, carefully turn and cook on the other side for 30 seconds. Remove to a plate. Do not keep warm.
- Repeat twice more.
- When eggs are done, and cooled slightly, roll each up like a cigar and slice 1/4″ (.6cm) strips.
- Divide strips in half and arrange on 2 plates.
- Spoon sauce over and serve.
It used to be, back in the beginning of time, when we went somewhere I packed my clothes and make-up, grabbed a travel guide, a few magazines and we were off. The only electrical appliances I had were a hair dryer and curling iron.
I still take all of that, but…..
This morning I charged my phone, mon mari‘s phone, my Kindle, mon mari‘s Kindle, and the spare camera battery.
Then I packed all of the chargers.
I am drawing my line in the sand, however. I am not taking my laptop,
I am not going to tweet, or Pin or look at Facebook or Google+. I may check my email, but, then again, I may not.
I’m going to gaze into shop windows, sit in cafes and watch people go by, meander through markets and indulge in wonderful (I hope) dinners.
I am not going to take photos of the food.
I’m going to disconnect from cyberspace and reconnect with Paris.
We’re taking the train up tomorrow for a few days of wandering aimlessly.
Our girl-dogs are spending their first night ever in the kennel. They have 2 nice rooms and a private garden to play in. It’s a wonderful kennel and I have nothing in the world to worry about.
I’ll worry anyway.
Our house is awfully empty….
I keep taking these big steps to go upstairs then remembering Guapa is not sprawled across the foot of the staircase as usual.
I dropped my hand down to give Bonnie her usual 9pm belly rub and there was nothing but air.
I hope they get enough to eat and don’t get scared by themselves and, and, and……
I’m also not scheduling any posts to magically appear while I’m gone….. So, my next post will be on Sunday.
For all of you ‘Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy’ fans: So long…. And thanks for all the fish.
6 thoughts on “Egg “Noodles” with Yellow Tomato Sauce, So long…”
Have a wonderful time – I know about canine worry !!! It sits in your heart all day long !!
You sound just like us when we have to put Cora in the kennel. We researched it thoroughly, interviewed all the owners, let her go for a “test afternoon” to make sure she was okay, and watched through the one-way mirror to make sure she was playing well with her new friends – and still we worried about her while we were gone! Have a lovely time being a “flaneur.” Or would that be “flaneuse?”
The egg noodles are genius. Having chickens, this is perfect for us as entertaining fare. Have you tried serving it room temp?
And congrats on your unplug plan. I did it recently and found it very refreshing. One tip. Give yourself permission to take pics of some good and markets. Old school scrapbook style vs invasive food blogger. It’s Paris. It’s going to be art on a plate. Then it’s gone forever. I bet you won’t be able to resist bringing some food memories home. Just don’t Instagram the evidence!
Have fun! Look forward to the post report and inspiration. Teresa@OutdoorLUX.com
I hope you had a wonderful time. Who needs a lap top in Paris. Sigh.
Kate, I think it’s because we can’t explain it to them….
Zoomie, we passed on the test stay…. they didn’t think it was needed… They were right LOL
Teresa, I have served them at room temp…. The hubs is diabetic and these are better than real pasta…. Pics forthcoming.
Thanks, Penny – you are right. laptop not needed!
Comments are closed.