Another Christmas tradition is this easy cranberry sauce.
Naturally, the recipe is lost somewhere in the mists of time…. which seems to be happening a lot lately.
It’s easy, keeps well and the ginger adds a bit of spicy interest to the cranberries.
If you have any cranberries lurking in the fridge – try this!
Ginger Cranberry Sauce
Total time: 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup (6oz, 180ml) apple juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tbs minced fresh ginger, more or less
- 2 cups whole cranberries
- Heat juice, sugar and half of the ginger until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the whole cranberries and cook, simmering, just until most of them ‘pop’.
- Remove and, with a potato masher, mash 2 or 3 times, no more.
- Add the rest of the ginger, stir well and cool.
This will get very thick when cool and will keep for several weeks in the fridge.
The girls got new beds for Christmas. The beds are the biggest I could find, and the dogs really like them even if they haven’t quite figured out how to get their entire bodies on them at one time.
In case you’re wondering, my desk chair is about 12 inches from Bonnie’s nose.
They don’t like me to be too far away.
And yes, that is a wisp of dog hair that I battle with and sweep up every single day.
We were assured that they were going to be non-shedding, short-haired dogs.
We were sadly misinformed.
You can just see the little Christmas stockings hanging above Guapa.
Both dogs (and mon mari et moi) would like to wish you all a
Merry Christmas / Joyeux Noël
I’ve had these little Christmas Angels since I was a small child.
Maybe they’ll offset the photo of the 4-legged devils. (There have been bunnies EVERYWHERE!)