We went to the Christmas Fair in Bordeaux today.
I didn’t take a camera so I have no photos.
It drizzled all the while we were there so we didn’t spend a lot of time.
As we left I realized that the only things I bought were food.
I went to the Christmas fair and bought groceries.
There’s something wrong with that…..
It did, however, give me some Christmas spirit.
Christmas spirit = Christmas cookies.
These are our favorites. I don’t make all of them every year, just 3 or 4 of them.
I thought I would post them early enough that you can add one or two to your own list.
Total time: 55 minutes
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered (icing / cofectioner’s ) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs grated lemon rind
- Cream ingredients for crust using a stand or hand mixer.
- Pat firmly into 8 inch (20cm) square pan, building up edges a bit
- Bake at 350F (180C) for 20 minutes
- Beat rest of ingredients together until frothy
- Pour over crust and bake 25 minutes longer, just until no imprint remains when touched lightly in center.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Cut into small squares
All of these, except the Lemon Bars, freeze well. I normally freeze half as soon as they cool. We eat he first half then take a ‘cookie break’ before thawing the rest.