After almost 5 months of winter squashes it’s a treat to have other vegetables.
Any and all other vegetables, but I particularly like those from the cabbage family..
Adding bacon just makes it better.
This isn’t a pretty, bright green broccoli but it’s a very tasty broccoli – even for broccoli haters.
The bacon and vinegar come from my German heritage – the mustard just because I love it.
Broccoli with Bacon and Mustard
Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 slices bacon, 1oz (30gr), cut into sticks
- 1/2 medium head broccoli, cut into stems and florets
- 1 tbs whole grain mustard
- 3 tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 tbs water
- Put broccoli into a medium skillet with 1/2″ (1.5cm) water on the bottom. Cover and simmer on medium heat for 8 -10 minutes or just until done, careful not to overcook.
- Remove from pan and set aside, discarding water. Cover to keep warm.
- In the same pan sauté bacon until crisp.
- Add water, vinegar, mustard and stir well, reducing slightly.
- Add broccoli, stir well to coat. Heat through and serve.
The trim continues.
This is the smallest room in the house, therefor the smallest ceiling.
Mon mari assures me that it is also the most difficult ceiling.
I think he’s getting tired of covering up all the little angles and joints with little pieces of trim.
He’s almost done.
Did I ever show you a close-up of the joints where the beams meet?
With the wooden pegs going through?
There is one of these in each room upstairs – in the 4 corners of the house.
On a totally unrelated subject…..
I have recently signed with a new advertiser for this blog.
Living in France I don’t ever see the ads that are displayed in the US – just like you all don’t see the ads I see.
Could you let me know please, if any of them cause a problem or don’t seem to be the right fit for my blog?
A few years ago the ad server I was using showed (I’m told) perfectly appropriate ads in the US, but outside the US the ads were for very, very scantily clad Russian brides and, er, companions.
They didn’t seem right for a food blog…..
I appreciate the help.