I love colorful food.
I love fast food.
No, not that kind (well, okay, occasionally….)
I mean the kind that cooks quickly.
Stir-frying is fast, easy and the perfect way to fix fresh, tender spring vegetables. They cook in minutes and retain all their bright spring colors.
Well, the pepper isn’t a spring vegetable, but isn’t it pretty?
Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Stir-Fried Spring Vegetables
Total time: 30 minutes
- 14oz (420gr) pork tenderloin
- 2 tbs hoisin barbecue sauce
- 2 tbs sherry
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp powdered ginger
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 8oz (240gr) green asparagus, roll-cut into 2 inch (5 cm) lengths.
- 4oz snow peas, sliced half or thirds
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced in strips
- 4 green garlic, thickly sliced, including green tops
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sesame or walnut oil
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp mirin
- Combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sherry, garlic powder, ginger and olive oil.
- Brush on pork.
- Cook pork on barbecue grill for 25 – 30 minutes.. Pink center is good.
- Remove and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing
- While pork rests:
- Heat oil in a large skillet until very hot.
- Add pepper, green garlic, and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add asparagus and stir-fry 3 minutes longer.
- Add snow peas and stir-fry another minute
- Add soy sauce, mirin, and stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Spoon vegetables on a platter, slice pork and serve.
It’s time for trim.
This is the last bit of the last room.
Sadly, for mon mari, that means that he no longer can have any of his power tools handy, All the equipment is back down in the barn and he gets to go up and down the rickety barn stairs for every cut for every piece of trim.
The girls and I stay out of his way….
But he does nice work, doesn’t he? This is the bit in all the corners to fasten the trim to.
It’s a little dusty at the moment……
The bench is coming along nicely.It’s going to be a very long chest with a false bottom as all the plumbing for the guest bathroom is along that wall….
He tells me these access points are important.
I’m just happy for the storage.
We’re getting close…..