I’ve decided this will be spinach week.
Or, maybe salad week.
I planted two kinds of spinach this year. One was the same that I plant every year. The other is a red stemmed variety that is supposedly good for salads. Surprisingly, they have a different taste.
Not surprisingly, they are both taking over the garden.
Spinach Taco Salad
Total time: 30 minutes
- 8oz (240gr) ground beef
- 1/3 cup (2.2oz, 65gr) quick-cooking brown rice
- 2/3 cup (5oz, 150ml) beef stock
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4oz (120gr) chopped green chiles
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup (8oz, 240ml) tomato sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3oz (90gr) cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- 1/3 cup Greek olives, chopped
- (2oz, 60gr) feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbs fresh oregano leaves
- spinach, enough for 2 main meal salads
- Cook brown rice according to package directions.
- When done, remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chili powder and sauté briefly.
- Add onion, pepper and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, beef and continue cooking until meat is done.
- Drain chiles and stir into beef.
- Add tomato sauce
- Take meat mixture off heat.
- Prepare spinach, divide and put on two plates along with oregano leaves.
- Divide rice and put on spinach, divide meat mixture and put on rice.
- Top with feta, tomatoes, avocado and olives..
The last room is done.
We even have the bed set-up – ready for guests.
We don’t have a lot of furniture for it….
It was meant to be our office.
I don’t think that will work now. The girls lay by my desk whenever I’m there, They don’t go up the stairs and I prefer to keep it that way. If I spent my time upstairs they would just be at the bottom of the stairs, waiting for me…. All day.
We do have some furniture out in the barn, though. Some day, maybe, mon mari will get it cleaned up, refinished, whatever and bring it in.
But not at the moment….
His attention is turning to outdoor work.
The window seat is finished and has pillows.
I’ll likely do more there as well…. After the summer.
Maybe photo history of the house?
4 thoughts on “Spinach Taco Salad; the update”
A photo history of the house is a fabulous idea Katie. Love the update, floors and bench turned out great! Your salad also sounds delicious, I like the additions of feta and avocado.
You need a reading lamp by the bed, but otherwise the room looks great! And in time for the arriving company! Bravo!
I agree about the reading lamp, but the room looks wonderful!
What’s behind door number 2?
Ina, I think it will be fun…. Everything is better with feta and avocado (mostly)
Zoomie, a lamp is on my list – and we’re ready 2 weeks in advance LOL
Nightsmusic, ah, that door is to the rickety stairs into the barn. Never hurts t have spare stairs.
Comments are closed.