Did I mention that I’ve been a bit bored with food blogging lately?
In the last nine years, between my blog(s) and sites I’ve posted somewhere between 1500 and 2000 recipes.
More often than not, now when I look at the chicken breasts or zucchini or whatever, I can’t think of a single thing to do that I haven’t already done.
It’s easier in the winter, when I cook indoors, but summer grilling is more limiting.
I decided I needed inspiration.
I did two things…..
I ordered a spiralizer.
I know, I know…. When that craze started I swore I would never succumb and that a sharp knife was all I needed.
But I wanted a new toy, so there you have it. At least it’s not a case of mason jars.
The other thing I did was join the Secret Recipe Club.
I thought something that would
force encourage me to discover new blogs might also inspire me to become creative again.
It’s a simple premise….
Each month each blogger in the group is assigned a blog, in secret. One chooses a recipe to recreate and, on the assigned day, all is revealed.
I found this recipe on Casa Costello.
More about that later….. On to the food.
Spicy Grilled Potatoes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbs Herbes de Provence
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Put all ingredients except potatoes and onion, into a large bowl and mix well.
- Add potatoes, onion and stir, coating thoroughly.
- Put them into an old metal pie plate or cake tin or foil barbecue container.
- Cook on barbecue (grill) for 25 – 30 minutes or until done. Stir occasionally as they tend to develop ‘hot spots’ and can get a little crispy.
- Or you can roast them in the oven. Arrange on a baking sheet with rim. Bake at 400F for 30 minutes.
- Remove and serve.
To see the original recipe, Spicy Herby Potatoes, visit Casa Costello…. Helen is cooking for a family of 5 so her portions are a bit different.
And while you’re there, check out the savory Bacon Mushroom Muffins.
If you’re a baker, definitely check out her recipe index. She has lots and lots of cakes and cookies and desserts…. Oh My!
Now, about that new spiralizer….
I don’t have it yet. Amazon assures me it will be delivered this week. I have to admit that the primary reason I gave in to peer pressure was that my zucchini plants are already going crazy and my freezer is filling up fast. Since mon mari is giving up on pasta and it’s too early for spaghetti squash I’m thinking ‘Zoodles’.
Watch this space…..