We actually got back Sunday evening.
Monday I watered the vegetable and herb gardens, did the weekly shopping, did a lot of laundry (it was very hot) picked 4 days worth of tomatoes and zucchini, went through 350 emails, picked 3 kilos of little purple plums (the size of cherries) and turned them into 4.5 kilos of plum jam.
Today I went through the photos of the birthday celebration and of our unexpected stay in a Spanish village due to, yet another, flat tire.
There will be stories to tell….
Either use commercial pesto rosso or find my recipe for Pesto Ross here.
Zucchini Caprese Boats
Total time: 35 minutes
- 1 small – medium zucchini (courgette)
- 1.5oz (45gr) dry-cured ham, roughly chopped Prosciutto or similar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 6 small mozzarella balls, cut in half
- 3 large cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 3 tsp pesto rosso
- 3 tbs pesto rosso
- 6 tbs tomato sauce
- Cut the zucchini in half and, with a small spoon, hollow out each half.
- Sautè ham in olive oil until crisp.
- Spread 1 1/2 tsp pesto rosso in the bottom of each zucchini half.
- Lay crisp ham on pesto rosso
- Top the ham with mozzarella and cherry tomato quarters, alternating.
- Place in a baking dish, cover, and bake, 190C (375F) for 20 minutes..
- Combine pesto rosso and tomato sauce.
- Gently heat until just warm.
- To serve:
- Put each Zucchini Boat on a plate, add Sauce and serve.
Before the travel stories I’ll finish the kitchen story.
Mon mari got back to work seriously in the fall.
Since it was fall, first on the agenda was to finish the area around the stove.
The chimney was finished and a mantle built. All that lovely copper was left to us by the owner of our last house.
There were a few doors on the upper cabinets, but the shelves were in use anyway.
When he started the doors for the upper shelves we decided on a mix of wood doors and glass doors.
As well as a few open shelves.
Finally, last year (no rush for the details, right?) he finished the trim….
With that the kitchen was officially finished.
Although we do have some tile left and there is a space for another cabinet…..
And we could do something better for the little TV……