I’ve posted this before but I’ve been making it so often lately I thought I’d share again.
There was a time when I wouldn’t touch Zucchini Bread. I found the thought of it totally unappealing.
But, when one tosses chocolate into the mix it bears a closer look.
When one adds two kinds of chocolate and some walnuts, I have to give it a try.
Other than the occasional green fleck, and the nice moistness of the cake, one would not know there were 3 cups of zucchini in these two loaves.
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Total time: 60 minutes
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 7oz (200gr) bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped (3/4 – 1 cup)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 cups grated or finely shredded zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Butter 2 large loaf pans, then line the bottom with wax or parchment paper.
- Combine butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla in a large bowl and whisk well.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir gently until just starting to combine.
- Add zucchini, chocolate chunks and walnuts and stir just until combined.
- Spoon into loaf pans, dividing equally.
- Bake 30 – 40 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool completely before slicing.
I used to embrace change; I liked new technology; looked forward to whatever was the latest and greatest.
At least I thought I did until yesterday when I lost my Hearts game.
I’ve been playing that game since I got my very first PC,
Well, not quite…. My first PC was a DOS system and there was no Windows, no internet, no OS, let alone any games.
But my first computer after DOS had games and that was 20 years ago.
So, I’ve been playing the same Hearts game for 20 years.
It was simple, predictable, fast and did not require thought.
When Bonnie came for her 3 minutes of petting (which she does a few times a day) I could pet her with my left hand and play Hearts with my right.
I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday.
They stole my Hearts.
I no longer have my simple solitaire or freecell or spider or hearts games
Oh, they included some new games, fancy games that require thought and have settings and are covered in ads.
I don’t want fancy and I really don’t want ads.
I want to stay in my nice comfortable rut with my nice simple games.
At the moment I am quite cross with Microsoft..
Just so you know, I do, on very rare occasions, actually play complicated computer games that require skill and thought. And I enjoy them.
But not for a 2 minute break in the routine to clear my head….
Or pet the dogs.
Can I have my games back, please?
As to the rest of the Win 10 upgrade – all the important stuff is fine but there are still a few things that need tweaking to get it to work the way I like.
And the tweaking is not as easy it used to be. Every upgrade makes tweaking more challenging.
Damn user-friendly computers…..
One always knew where they stood with 1’s and 0’s.