I know, I know….
Another zucchini recipe.
But it is the season, and if yours are growing as fast and furious as mine are another recipe / idea is always welcome.
I was thinking of ratatouille when I started chopping, but I didn’t have an eggplant (aubergine). Everything else was from my garden.
I did have feta and Greek olives lurking in the fridge..
And thus a recipe is born
Zucchini, Red Peppers and Tomatoes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 zucchini (courgette, about 8″ (20cm) long, cut in half the long way, then sliced
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup dry, Greek olives, about 12, roughly chopped
- 2oz (60gr) feta, crumbled
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoky paprika
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, pepper, zucchini and sauté until zucchini is tender, 8 – 10 minutes.
- Add paprika, chili powder and sauté briefly
- Add tomatoes, basil, reduce heat and cover.
- Cook another 5 – 10 minutes, until tomatoes are soft.
- Stir in olives and feta, remove from heat and serve.
The dining room has gone through so much I thought is deserved a two-part recap.
This is how it looks today.
This is how it looked when we bought the house.
For some reason people here like to leave stuff when they sell a house.
After we bought it, we got rid of the old junk and filled the room with our boxes and furniture.
When we finally moved in we set up our beds in the hall.
When mon mari found out he would be having surgery and lazing around for a few months recovering we realized we couldn’t spend the summer sleeping in the hall.
We needed a proper bedroom – or at least as close as we could get.
We moved the boxes out of the way and set up a bed in the corner.
I spent the time he was in the hospital unpacking what boxes I could and rearranging things to be as presentable as possible.
The bed was in the right half of the room.
All of this furniture was on the left.
It actually looked pretty good – almost cozy when we moved in.
We didn’t realize that we would be living in that room for two more years.
By the time we moved out it looked a little less ‘propre’.
We still had a clear path to the bed…..
But the rest was a little, uh, messy.
Most of our clothes were in boxes, or on top of boxes or hanging on makeshift rods. We did have two little dressers for the small stuff.
Like our light fixture hanging from the ceiling?
Next week: the transformation from cluttered bedroom to neat dining room.