One of the easiest and best desserts of fall.
The scent of apples baking with cinnamon brings back childhood memories of raking leaves and apple picking.
Warm from the oven is perfect, with or without some vanilla ice cream or yogurt.
Leftover apple crisp should be covered and can, but does not have to be, refrigerated.
It will keep for several days if it lasts that long….
Total time: 50 minutes
- 4 tart apples Granny Smith are perfect
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs orange juice
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (oat meal)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup butter, plus a bit more for the pan
- Butter and 8 X 8″ (20 X 20cm) square baking dish.
- Peel and slice apples and spread in baking dish.
- Sprinkle lemon and orange juices over the top.
- Mix sugar, spices, flour and oats.
- Cut in butter, using a pastry cutter, 2 knives or forks, until it resembles small pebbles.
- Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake 30 minutes at 375F (185C), until top is bubbly.
It was a fantastic week!
And I still have guests so I will be brief….
There are so many photos and stories, but I’ll start with our home for the week:
The riad was open in the center, with rooms on three floor and a lovely roof-top dining and sitting area overlooking Marrakesh.
Our room was spacious with a sitting room, bedroom and large bathroom.
We even had air-conditioning!
And that was a good thing as the temps were in the high 90’s while we were there.
Sitting on the roof top, sipping wine, looking down on the city….. We didn’t care that it was hot.