Pumpkins & Puppies Week: Siblings.
I grew these miniature pumpkins 2 years ago.
They were perfect single serving size and just demanded being stuffed.
Baby Pumpkins Stuffed with Beef and Ricotta Cheese
Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 baby pumpkins
- 3oz (90gr) ground beef
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoky paprika
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 tbs garlic or regular chives, chopped
- 3 tbs ricotta cheese
- Cut the top 1/3 off each pumpkin. Scoop out the seeds
- Place tops and bottoms cut side down on a baking sheet and bake, 400F (200C) oven, for 15 minutes.
- While pumpkins bake:
- Sauté the beef in olive oil, breaking it apart as it browns.
- Add chili powder, paprika, fennel and sauté briefly.
- Remove from heat and stir in chives and ricotta.
- When pumpkins are ready fill with the stuffing and return the bottoms to the oven for 7 minutes, just to heat through.
- Remove and serve with the tops.
My girls were litter-mates. They are devoted sisters.
Here they are about 4 months old, but their affection for each other has not waned. They’re never far apart and frequently groom each other.
I come in a distant third as to who is important in their doggie world. (Maybe a close third – I feed them.)
The other puppies went off to live with various families in the mountains. One is even a proper working dog with his own flock of sheep.
But Ghengis, the pup in the litter stayed home. Here he is watching Bonnie and Guapa at one of their reunions.
And that wraps up Pumpkins & Puppies week….