Day 2 of Pumpkins and Puppies Week
I grew these miniature pumpkins 2 years ago.
They were perfect single serving size and just demanded being stuffed.
Baby Pumpkins Stuffed with Creamy Spinach
Total time: 45 minutes
- 2 tiny pumpkins
- 2oz (60gr) fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 slice bacon, roughly chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- Cut the top 1/3 off each pumpkin. Scoop out the seeds
- Place bottoms, cut side down, on a baking sheet and bake, 400F (200C) oven, for 5 minutes.
- While pumpkins bake:
- Sauté the bacon and shallots in olive oil until both are crisp.
- Add paprika, spinach and sauté just until spinach wilts. Remove and set aside.
- Whisk egg and yogurt.
- Add spinach mixture and stir to combine.
- Remove pumpkins and spoon mixture into center, return the filled pumpkins to the oven and bake for 10 minutes
- Remove, add pumpkin tops, flesh side down, and bake for 15 minutes longer..
- Remove and serve with the tops.
This is momma Misty, patiently allowing all eight puppies to eat…. and climb all over her.
Misty was a lovely dog, but, sadly is not longer with us.
No one knows what happened.
She was on a walk with her human and the other dogs in the mountains, as usual. They all went racing up the side of the mountain, through the trees after a dear or fox or something, also as usual.
Only two came back.
Our friend and his friends searched for days but Misty was never found.