Month 4 of the Secret Recipe Club.
This month I had fun exploring Hun… What’s for Dinner.
The recipe I chose was for Balsamic Glazed Salmon.
We all know how much mon mari loves fish….
Okay, he does like grilled salmon and this was so good I actually made it twice.
I did modify the recipe slightly (of course). We are two, not six, and we can’t easily find green onions here except in the spring.
And, also of course, we grilled the salmon rather than roasted.
Balsamic Glazed Salmon
Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 salmon fillets, 7oz each (210gr each)
- 1/3 cup (3oz, 90ml) Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs dark brown sugar
- 1 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tbs whole grain mustard
- In small bowl mix all ingredients except salmon
- Spoon over salmon, turn to coat and allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Grill for 10 – 12 minutes, skin-side down, with the grill cover closed. Be careful not to overcook. Salmon will be done when it flakes easily, slightly pink in the center is fine.
- Remove from heat and slide the salmon off the skin if you like and serve.
Another recipe that I just saw on her site is for Potato & Bacon Rosettes. They look delicious, fancy and perfect for a holiday breakfast or brunch.
I might add that she has a lot of breakfast recipes…. Being in a ‘cereal and toast rut’, new things for breakfast is something I need to explore.