Horseradish was one of the few things that I couldn’t find after we moved to this side of the pond.
Eventually I found it in the ‘British aisle’ in the larger supermarkets.
Either I am developing an ability to handle heat (I doubt it) or the horseradish I get here is very mild – thus the ‘2 tablespoons’ for the salmon. Adjust according to your own tastes.
I like the pairing with the mild heat of the horseradish and mustard mixture and the sweet salmon.
We use fillets but salmon steaks will work as well; add another 5 – 10 minutes for steaks.
Baked Salmon with Horseradish
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 salmon fillets, 12oz (360gr) total weight
- 2 tbs Greek or plain yogurt
- 2 tbs horseradish or more if you like heat
- 1 tbs whole grain mustard
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Mix all of the above (except salmon).
- Put salmon on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Divide mixture evenly and spread over salmon.
- Bake at 400 F for 15 – 17 minutes, until top is light brown and fish flakes easily.
A last bit from Morocco (while I get back to the last bit of computer upgrade work)…..
One of the most fun things to buy in the souks were little bowls and plates.
You can’t really tell from the photo (I now realize) but these are all small. The biggest one (blue in the back) is only 4 inches in diameter (10cm).
They were colorful and inexpensive and very hard to resist.
One can always find a use for a pretty little bowl…..