It seems like I just did the Secret Recipe Club and yet here it is again….
Okay, not quite. This isn’t the regular monthly event but a special recipe collection to kick-start summer featuring Picnic and Barbecue Foods.
As you all know we cook everything (almost) on the barbecue in summer so this is a great way to get the season started.
When I saw the name I thought it must be a Wisconsin-based blog (cheese curds, and all) and, yes, Ashley and family do live in my home state, although on the other side from where I grew up.
Knowing how seriously people in the Midwest take summer and outdoor cooking I guessed it would be easy to find barbecue recipes on her blog.
I was right…. I had a hard time deciding but ultimately went with the Grilled Key Lime and Mustard Salmon.
Although I’m not sure how the ‘key lime’ fits in…. maybe a winter break in Florida?
We don’t have key limes in France.
Or sour cream.
Okay, I modified this recipe a lot more than usual, but I kept to the spirit if it.
We were most pleased.
Grilled Lime Mustard Salmon
Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 salmon fillets, 6oz (180gr) each
- 4 tbs Greek yogurt
- 3 tbs soft goat cheese
- 1 tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh regular of garlic chives, chopped
- Sprinkle salmon with celery salt
- Combine yogurt, goat cheese, lime juice and mustard.
- Spoon half of the mixture evenly over the salmon and allow to marinate while the grill heats.
- Cook on barbecue grill 10 – 14 minutes, without turning, grill cover closed. Time depends on thickness and heat of grill.
- Add chives to remaining sauce.
- Remove salmon from grill and serve, remaining sauce on the side.
Ashley has a lot of recipes on her blog and one section is devoted to grilling.
For a side there is Grilled Corn, Tomato and Bacon Salad. I planted sweet corn this year so that went on my list of things to make.
Grilled Romaine with Blue Cheese, Bacon Vinaigrette is on the list as I have Romaine planted as well.
We’ll try the Grilled Chicken Caprese as soon as the tomatoes and basil are big enough.
And the Pimento Cheeseburgers look fantastic! I still have pimientos from our last trip to Spain.
For those of you who like hot she has a Grilled Tandoori Chicken, as well as lots of things with hot peppers and pepper sauce.
Go. Look. Cook.
As to the rest of the grilling ideas….