First the food, then the plea for help.
I may have complained about our cold spring but I have not complained about the abundance of cold weather vegetables the spring produced.
It’s been an incredible year for artichokes, both colors of asparagus and green garlic.
Other years I have had to be careful and somewhat sparing in my use of green garlic. This year I’m using it in everything.
Red Pepper and Olive Mini Pizzas
Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 squares of puff pastry, 5″ (13cm) each
- 1 small red pepper, roughly chopped (or half of a large pepper)
- 3 green garlic, sliced, including green tops (or green onions)
- 1/4 cup Greek olives, pitted and chopped (or your favorite)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- Thaw the puff pastry
- Sauté pepper and green garlic in olive oil until tender, 6 – 8 minutes.
- Cut squares of pastry if needed.
- Lay the pastry on a baking sheet. With a dull knife (butter knife) lightly etch around the pastry, 1/3″ (.75cm) from the edge.
- Divide the ricotta and spread evenly within the etched lines.
- Divide and add the pepper / green garlic mixture.
- Top with olives
- Bake, 425F (215C) for 12 – 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove and serve.
Now for the help….
I have ads on my blog – you may have noticed.
The ads are not making me rich or even coming close to supporting me in the lifestyle to which I would like to become accustomed.
But they do help to offset the costs of this blog.
I limit the number and style of ads – one across the top and two on the side, although I have toyed with others from time to time.
I have changed ad providers when I learned that the ads weren’t (ahem) appropriate to a food blog (naked Russian brides?).
I’m in the process of making another change. It’s always a challenge for me to make these changes as I can’t see them and have no idea how they look or work….
I live in France. My IP address is in France. US advertisers don’t send their ads to France. I see French ads when I look at my blog, not US ads. Sometimes I see no ads at all.
My ad provider has suggested that I put a video ad on my blog. They assure me that it’s appropriate and not irritating. They also tell me it’s only for people in the US.
I have avoided pop-up ads and ads that block my content and, basically, anything that I, myself, find irritating on other sites.
For those of you in the US, when this ad starts showing up in the next few days, could you please tell me if it’s acceptable, mildly irritating or extremely irritating?
I really like the idea of making a bit of money on this blog.
But I really hate the idea of irritating you, my readers.
Please let me know…. Don’t just go away.