This is a simple salad.
I decided to post it because, sometimes, we forget about simple foods.
If you want it fancy – add more ingredients. Asparagus would be a good addition.
If you want it more substantial (for lunch) add tuna or sliced chicken.
I love having a Caprese salad in July when I have big, ripe tomatoes from my garden. This is my spring substitute, with cherry tomatoes from the market (they’re always first) and mini mozzarella balls.
I used a mix of red leaf lettuce and spinach.
Mini Caprese, Avocado Salad
Total time: 10 minutes
- 8 small mozzarella balls, cut in half
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 avocado, pitted, sliced
- 3oz (90gr) mixed greens, lettuce, spinach.…
- 1 tbs fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tbs white Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 3 tbs good olive oil
- 1 tbs snipped, fresh tarragon
- In a small bowl mix mustard and vinegar.
- Slowly drizzle in oil, whisking until emulsified. Add tarragon.
- Put greens, chives into a salad bowl.
- Add half the vinaigrette and toss well.
- Divide and arrange on two plates.
- Arrange tomatoes, mozzarella and avocado on salads.
- Drizzle with a bit more vinaigrette and serve, any remaining vinaigrette on the side.
In the wake of yet another horrific shooting spree in the U.S. I’m debating as to whether I should ‘unfriend’ people on Facebook who post or share inflammatory, unverified / incorrect information or just stop looking at it all.
If I chose the ‘unfriend’ route it would really take a lot of time and effort and I likely would never get them all before the next event triggered another overload.
I choose the ‘stop looking at Facebook’ option.
I believe I’ll toast that decision with a glass of wine…. on the balcony, watching the sunset.
3 thoughts on “Mini Caprese, Avocado Salad”
It wasn’t a conscious decision on my part but when I think about it, I think it may have been 2 months or more since I was on Facebook.
I try to steer clear of those I know will be posting things that are inflammatory, incorrect, and intolerant but some I am thinking about unfriending because they seem to no matter what the situation is be there screaming for “justice” truth be damned.
Your salad looks happy and yummy! Asparagus added? oh wow! Will be trying that!
Tanna, I never used to go near it – then I started playing Scrabble with the kids….
Gayle, it seems to be getting worse but I’m slowly weeding them out LOL Always room for asparagus!
Comments are closed.