We had pasta last weekend.
We love pasta but we don’t have it often. When we do we like to make it worthwhile.
Again, one of our old favorites that I haven’t made in years. It was as good as we remembered.
The avocado makes a wonderful, creamy sauce – without cream.
And shrimp is always good…..
Fettuccini with Shrimp and Avocado Sauce
Total time: 30 minutes
- 10oz (300gr) large shrimp, cleaned
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 8oz (240gr) fresh fettuccini
- 3 tbs salad olive oil
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60ml) chicken stock
- 1 tbs tarragon white wine vinegar
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60ml) milk
- 2 tbs chopped fresh chives.
- Cook fettuccini according to package directions. Drain and rinse lightly with cool water.
- Mix chili powder, garlic, lemon and olive oil in a bowl.
- Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Cut avocado, remove pit and scoop flesh into a blender.
- Add chicken stock, vinegar and purée until smooth.
- Add oil and purée just until blended, then add milk and purée a few seconds longer.
- Cook shrimp in a grill pan on the barbecue grill over medium heat for 3 – 4 minutes, until they start to curl and turn opaque. You could also sauté in a skillet in another tablespoon of olive oil. Either way, when done remove. It’s not necessary to have them hot for this dish.
- To finish: Put fettuccini into a large bowl and add avocado sauce, shrimp and chives. Mix gently and serve.
Vegetable gardens do not follow a tidy schedule.
For a week or two, or maybe three I can nicely maintain my potager with two hours on Saturday and another hour on Tuesday. Then I have a day like today.
I pulled the shallots last week. That was easy and didn’t take long.
I braided them today…. 17 braids plus a basket of small ones.
Then I pulled the white onions (around 100) and laid them in the sun, sprayed the tomatoes against blight, pulled up all the lettuce (it was bolting) picked all the ripe summer squash and, to finish, hoed the whole thing.
It took longer than a few hours.
So I’m just going to show you some more flowers….
These are the hanging baskets that are on the outside of our balcony.
The girls and I enjoy them everyday on our walks.
That was our lush green field before we got the mower fixed.
That’s it for today…. we have an emergency, chez nous.
Netflix isn’t working. I have to fix it.