Grilled chicken doesn’t have to be smothered in barbecue sauce to be good.
Sometimes, especially when it’s hot, lighter is better.
Capers, tarragon and lemon add lots of flavor to simple chicken breasts, but with a lighter twist.
The chicken is marinated for just 15 minutes, then grilled and finished with a lemon, tarragon, caper sauce.
Garnish with a few lemon slices if you like.
Grilled Chicken Breasts Piccata
Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 3 tbs capers (with liquid),
- 4 tbs fresh lemon juice, about 1 lemon
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh snipped tarragon substitute 1 tsp dried
- Chop 2 tbs capers, leaving the remaining 1 tbs whole.
- Put lemon juice and oil in a small bowl and whisk well to combine, it should get thick.
- Put 3 tbs of the lemon/oil mixture into a separate bowl for the sauce.
- Add the chopped capers to the remaining lemon / oil for the marinade
- Put chicken in a shallow dish, spoon marinade over and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Snip the tarragon and add it to the sauce (reserved 3 tbs of lemon/oil), set it aside.
- To cook: Remove the chicken from marinade, discarding the marinade. Cook on barbecue grill for 8 – 12 minutes per side depending on size, or until done
- Remove from heat, slice, drizzle the sauce over the top, sprinkle with remaining capers and serve.
It’s been hot here.
Sunday was 95F, Monday was 98F, yesterday was 102F…..
In honor of the first day this year over 100F we went to the beach.
This was a new beach for us, on the Atlantic. In the past we’ve gone to the Basin at Arcachon which is quite protected.
This beach had surf…. and surfers. Although it was a pretty calm day.
The beach went on forever in both directions. I was amazed at how many people there were, sunbathing on the sand in 102F temperatures.
Actually, I was amazed at how many people still spend time getting a suntan. Obviously one does not slather on the sunscreen then go to the beach and bake in the sun….
There was even a massage hut….
The town itself was fun. Much more laid back than than Arcachon.
When we were walking along the beach we passed a family with young children…. Who were calmly walking along naked.
No one seemed to care or even to notice.
Definitely a more relaxed atmosphere…..
I’m pretty sure there are no million euro houses in the neighborhood.