This is why a bought the small slow cooker….
I wanted to be able to do pork chops without all the vegetables needed to get the larger, 3 1/2 quart slow cooker, to ‘appropriate’ levels.
The small slow cooker is just over 2 quarts – perfect for two pork chops for two people.
And if you have never had pork chops done in the slow cooker you have no idea what you’re missing.
My small cooker seems to be a bit hotter than the larger one. The first time I did these for 8 hours on low and they fall apart.
The second time was for 7 hours and they were perfect.
Slow Cooker Pork Chops, Mushroom Sauce
Total time: 7 hours
- 2 boneless pork chops, about 1″ thick, cut in half
- 4oz (120gr) mushrooms, trimmed, chopped
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tbs celery leaves
- 3/4 cup (6oz, 180ml) chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tbs cornstarch dissolved in 2 tbs water
- 1/3 cup (3oz, 90gr) Greek yogurt
- Put shallots and mushrooms in the slow cooker.
- Top with chops in a single layer.
- Mix paprika, thyme, celery leaves and chicken stock. Pour over chops.
- Cover and cook, low heat, for 3 hours.
- Uncover, quickly give it a stir and turn the chops.
- Cover and cook for 3 1/2 hours.
- Uncover, quickly stir in cornstarch, cover and cook remaining 1/2 hour.
- Stir in yogurt and serve.
Here is another of ‘spectacle from the Festival of Lights, Lyon:
This photo is from the night before the festival started. I think the blue interior lights were meant to be a teaser.
The projection would start at the base and move up the tower until it was ‘in place’
When the lights were aligned with the sculptures it would pause for a minute.
Then it would move off the top and another would start from the bottom.
As they were almost constantly in motion it was hard to get a good photo.
But the colors were fantastic.
I was mesmerized.
Perhaps, if I hadn’t been so intent on staring I might have gotten a better photo.
7 thoughts on “Slow Cooker Pork Chops, Mushroom Sauce; more lights”
Katie I love this slow cooker dish….and I also have a smaller crock pot! After the holidays I will soooo be making this dish (in fact I may even pack the crock pot for our weeks vacation in January at the cabin on the lake) Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Ina, thank you – and Merry Christmas to you. The small slow cooker really was made for pork chops!
Glad you posted this – I had no idea that slow cookers could be so small. So I retired my big one, got a small one that’s a perfect size for now, and made these very good chops! Thanks!
I’m going to try this in my Instant Pot, using the slow cooker feature.
We made this recipe today in our IP slow cooker. It was very good. Will definitely make again.
Suzy, I am so tempted to get an IP…. Glad you liked the Pork Chops!
Comments are closed.