Mon mari loves Oven-Fried Chicken.
So do I…. But I like the laziness of slow cooker chicken.
I’ve been tinkering with the flavors to see if I can’t convince him slow cooker is best.
I’m getting there. At the moment it’s one oven-fried chicken dinner for every two in the slow cooker.
This one helped tilt the odds in my favor.
I didn’t thicken the sauce as it was quite strongly flavored. We just drizzled a bit as we ate.
Slow Cooker Honey Soy Chicken
Total time: 7 hours
- 3 chicken thighs, skinned
- 3 chicken legs, skinned
- 2 small or medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 4 tbs ketchup
- 4 tbs honey
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120ml) chicken stock
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 tbs dried celery leaves
- Put onion and garlic in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Top with chicken, fitting it in carefully.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over the top
- Cook on low, 7 hours.
- If you happen to have a chance, twice during the cooking time, at relatively equal intervals, lift the lid and quickly spoon sauce over the chicken.
- Remove chicken, spoon sauce over and serve.
My dogs are restless.
Well, Guapa is very restless; I think Bonnie is just getting in on the action for fun.
All day long she (Guapa) has been going from bed to rug to floor and then to me asking to go outside.
I go to the door, open it and she gives me the ‘I’m not going out there you fool, it’s raining!’ look. I close the door.
I go back to my desk, sit, and both dogs come running to be petted.
I pet them for the required 3 minutes, then tell them to leave.
Bonnie dutifully lies on her bed and start to snore. Guapa paces a bit, repeats the bed-hopping and comes back for more petting, at which point Bonnie wakes up and decides she wants to go out. They both run to the door, I open it; they both refuse to go out. (For 8 months out of the year I just leave the door open but we prefer not to do that in the middle of winter.)
I go back to me desk, sit, and the whole routine repeats itself.
I’ve opened the door a dozen times today and they’ve gone out twice, not counting the walks when I go out with them.
They’re driving my nuts!
Maybe they have cabin-fever
Maybe I’m just in a bad mood…..
Something tells me this week is not going to end well.
Although it could, just possibly, be a little exciting~