Shrimp with the flavors of the Mediterranean: tomatoes, peppers, Greek olives, and feta cheese on spaghetti
It made me happy..
As usual, make is as hot as you like but with all of these flavors, even mon mari was happy without any added heat.
Although he did note that we needed to make a run to the big Asian supermarket in Bordeaux soon….
His litre jar of sambal oelek is almost gone…..
He ate it all – without any help from me
Spaghetti with Shrimp, Feta and Greek Olives
Total time: 30 minutes
- 10oz (300gr) shrimp, cleaned
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 2 leeks, cleaned, cut in half, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cups (15oz, 450gr) whole tomatoes, peeled, chopped, juices reserved
- 1/2 cup black dry-cured (Greek) olives, pitted, chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3oz (90gr) feta, cubed
- 4oz (120gr) spaghetti
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain.
- While water heats and pasta cooks…..
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add pepper, leeks, and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté 2 minutes longer.
- Add paprika and sauté briefly.
- Add herbs and tomatoes with all juices to skillet. Simmer, over medium heat, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook until shrimp curl and turn opaque.
- Remove from heat, add olives, feta and stir to combine.
- Divide pasta on to two plates. Top with sauce and serve.
It took forever…. Well, a week, actually, but it seemed like forever.
I have moved my blog to a new server.
That means that the IP address, the dns addresses and all that technical bit has changed.
I won’t bore you with the details because, frankly, I’m bored with the details.
It’s been a lot of ‘hurry up and wait’.
I hope that I have transferred everything properly and that it’s all working as it should. I’ve tested as best I can but this has all been a mystery.
I’ve been told that people have experienced seeing the same garbage on totally unrelated web sites.
Since I have never seen anything myself I can only take other people’s word for what has been happening.
And hope that they are not inhabiting an alternate universe.
Alternate universes seem to be cropping up more often these days.
Actually, if anyone finds an alternate universe that is pleasant, well-run, and a joy to live in – please let me know.
In the meantime, just let me know if the problems persist.
I can’t do anything more about it anyway, but at least I’ll know.