Last year I made a classic (sort of) Italian dish of thin veal scallops wrapped around asparagus called Involtini.
Since I can never leave something alone I decided to make it again, but this time I wanted thin turkey scallops.
And, of course, green garlic because, well, green garlic!
Most importantly….. Yay France!
Turkey Rolls with Asparagus and Green Garlic
Total time: 45 minutes
- 4 thin slices turkey breast, about 12oz (360gr) total weight
- 8 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 4 green garlic, trimmed, cut to same length as asparagus
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/3 cup (3oz, 90ml) Marsala
- 1/3 cup (3oz, 90ml) chicken stock
- 3 tbs fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tbs fresh marjoram leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp cornstarch (corn flour, maizena) dissolved in 1 tbs water
- Blanch asparagus spears and green garlic in boiling water for 3 minutes, until fork tender.
- Lay the turkey cutlets flat.
- Place two asparagus spears and 1 green garlic on each and roll up.
- Tie securely with kitchen string.
- Heat oil in small, heavy pot or skillet.
- Add turkey rolls to skillet and brown lightly on all sides, sprinkle with paprika before turning.
- Add the stock, Marsala, herbs, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- To finish: Dissolve cornstarch in water.
- Remove turkey rolls to a small platter and carefully remove string.
- Increase heat under sauce. Add cornstarch, stirring until clear and thickened. Spoon over rolls and serve.
We went to an art fair today.
I have been missing art fairs.
When we lived in Minnesota it seemed like there was an art fair somewhere every weekend all summer long. I have never been to one here in France. There are summer music festivals and theatre festivals but I’ve never been able to find an art festival.
Naturally, it was at a chateau / vineyard:
There were ceramics:
Hand-painted silk ties:
And about 50 other artist exhibiting all sorts of beautiful things.
Of course the castle was on a hill overlooking the town:
It was wonderful….
4 thoughts on “Turkey Rolls with Asparagus and Green Garlic; art”
I am in Australia at the moment and the Van Gogh exhibition is on here !! I miss that sort of thing in Marrakech.
There was always so much going on in the summer in Minneapolis – very ‘arty’ area. I going to continue my search here….
Yes yayyy France! One of the ladies that works for me is from the Brittany region so she has kept me up to date….she is celebrating! 🙂
Ina, yay indeed – such a relief that there is still some sanity in the world.
Comments are closed.