Have you watched the news lately?
To quote Willie Nelson:
‘The best I can tell
The world’s gone to hell
And we’re sure gonna miss it a lot’
You can watch / listen to Willie and Merle singing It’s All Going to Pot here.
It’s been my favorite song for the last, oh, year or two…..
If I were a religious person I might be having thoughts about the devil.
But that thought just led me to these pork chops – devilishly good. Add hot sauce if you like.
Grilled Deviled Pork Chops
Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 – 4 pork chops, boneless, – depending on size 12oz total weight (360gr)
- 2 tbs whole grain mustard
- 2 tbs orange juice
- 2 tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbs paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbs fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tbs fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Mix all ingredients for marinade and spoon on chops. Let marinate for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Cook on barbecue for 5 – 7 minutes per side or until done. Should be slightly pink in center when done.
- Remove and serve
Just outside our front door is a fir tree and a wisteria vine.
They are both old with trunks about 20″ (50cm) in diameter.
They grew together.
In winter and into early spring they’re ugly:
Then the wisteria blooms:
As the blossoms start to die the leaves come out:
By late spring / early summer it’s all shades of green:
In fall the wisteria leaves change color:
We do attempt to keep the wisteria in check so as not to strangle the fir but it’s so intertwined there’s not much we can do.
We don’t trim the fir as we think it’s trying desperately to reach the sun.
They seem to manage quite well together. despite their differences.
Wouldn’t it be nice if we humans could manage to do as well?