We went from summer to fall in a day.
The weather is cool, the morning are wet and foggy and mon mari is contemplating lighting a fire in the evening.
So that means I have only a short time to make all the summer foods I haven’t done yet.
I made Fried Green Tomatoes last night, this pasta with fresh tomato sauce last week and tomato & mayo sandwiches for lunch.
We’re eating as fast as we can….
This is easy to make… but try not to grate your hand.
Spaghetti with Fresh Tomato Sauce and Basil
Total time: 25 minutes
- 4oz (120gr) spaghetti
- 2 – 3 fresh garden tomatoes
- handful fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain well and allow to cool slightly while you do the tomatoes
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Place a box or flat grater in a shallow bowl.
- Cup half of a tomato in your hand and rub it on the big holes of the grater until all that is left in your hand is the skin (of the tomato). You’ll have to press a bit, but not too hard.
- Repeat with as many halves as you think you want/need. You end up with fresh tomato sauce with no skin… and no cooking.
- Depending on size of tomatoes you will want to do 2 or 3.
- Toss with spaghetti, basil and serve.
The other thing that tells me summer is well and truly over is school starts this week.
Not for the kids – they’ve been back in the classroom for awhile.
It starts for us.
Tomorrow, Monday, I have to do what I do all school year long: my homework.
I remember that we were given homework to do over the summer holidays. I also remember that I set it aside to do the day before school starts – great way to refresh for the first day (I remember telling myself).
Well…. now I have to do it. I still haven’t looked at it so I have no idea what it is. Tomorrow morning will come soon enough.
Tuesday it’s back to school. Time to face the dreaded ‘What did you do on your summer vacation’ question.
Rien de special (nothing special) only gets me so far.
On the other hand…. my summer vacation is a better topic than U.S. politics which I also get quizzed on.
Je ne sais rien. (I know nothing.)
Now where did I put my school books…..
2 thoughts on “Spaghetti with Fresh Tomato Sauce and Basil; school”
I do spaghetti like this sometimes. I like it because it’s so fresh tasting.
This is Tuesday. You’ll have to let us know how class went 🙂
I felt like my brain had regressed and was far, far away. Luckily I wasn’t the only one and we managed to get through the first class. I’m too old to be doing homework!
Comments are closed.