One of the comments I have occasionally seen about using a slow cooker is that the flavors tend to dissipate with the long, slow cooking time.
On reading those comments my thoughts were: Use more / stronger flavors!
So that’s what I’ve been doing.
This had no heat but a lot of flavor.
The recipe uses 1/4 cup of tomato paste… I used one of the small cans / tins.
Piquant Chicken Thighs, Slow Cooker
Total time: 7 hours
- 5 chicken thighs, skinless
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120ml) chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60ml) sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60gr) tomato paste
- 1 tbs tapioca
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- Put onion and garlic in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Combine stock, vinegar, tomato paste, tapioca, herbs and spices.
- Add 1/4th of mixture to onions and stir to combine,
- Lay chicken on top.
- Pour remaining sauce over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 – 7 hours.
- When ready, remove chicken to a platter, stir onions / sauce, spoon over the top and serve.
Spring has been slow this year…. sort of.
With all of the rain we’ve been having our grass is growing like crazy…. But, of course, it’s been too wet to mow.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen it this long.
The rabbits have eaten all of the tulips, but the hyacinths are doing well.
Most of them are close enough to the fence that the dogs don’t trample them during their bunny patrol.
I tried to take a photo of the dogs today…. The grass was too long and wet for them.
They’re turning into such delicate little girls.
We’re all starting to get cabin fever….