As much as I love my slow cooker I am reluctant to cook chicken breasts in it.
One reason is that I have read the long slow cooking tend to produce dry chicken.
Why would we want that?
The other reason is that I can make moist, tender chicken breasts in 30 – 40 minutes in a skillet.
Why would I mess with that?
Skillet Chicken Tarragon
Total time: 35 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut in half or thirds
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp tarragon
- 1 tsp savory
- 2/3 cup (5oz, 150ml) chicken broth
- 1/3 cup (3oz, 90ml) white wine
- 2 tbs whole grain mustard
- 1/3 cup (3oz, 90gr) Greek yogurt
- 1 tbs cornstarch (maizena, corn flour) dissolved in 2 tbs chicken stock
- Sauté onion in oil in medium skillet over medium heat, about 5 minutes.
- When onion starts to get tender add garlic and sauté 1 minute longer.
- Move onion and garlic to the sides of the pan, add chicken breasts, and sauté until lightly browned, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in herbs, broth, wine, and mustard.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer until chicken is done, about 15 minutes.
- Add cornstarch mixture and stir until thickened.
- Stir in yogurt and heat through. Serve.
It’s been a crazy, busy week for me, the news, the White House….
I had every intention of writing a scathing post on some subject or other…..
But Pavarotti just came on my spotify feed.
I believe I’m just going to close my eyes, calm my spirit and lose myself in the music for awhile.
I can’t think of a better voice to sooth the soul…..