I was meandering around the internet, looking for inspiration, and ran across a recipe for Thai Pork.
It sounded interesting, except for the bird’s-eye (very hot) peppers…. and the fact that it was made in an Instant Pot.
I don’t have an Instant Pot.
I’m not even sure what in Instant Pot is.
Okay, I can google it but I would have to care enough to bother. And why would I care if I can’t buy one anyway?
So, as is typical of me, I noted the ingredients I liked, ignored the rest and ignored the instructions.
Then I decided to do it in the slow cooker because the Pork Lo Mein worked really well.
I may be on to something….
I would have added some peanuts or cashews at the end if I’d had any….. Next time.
Slow Cooker Thai Pork
Total time: 6 Hours
- 12oz (360gr) pork chops, cut into wide slices
- 1 large red onion, vertically sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 rib celery, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs minced ginger
- 2 tbs peanut butter
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 cup (8oz, 240ml) chicken broth
- 2 tbs tapioca
- 1/2 cup brown Basmati
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Put all the ingredients, except rice and 1 cup broth, in the slow cooker.
- Stir well, cover and cook, low heat, for 6 hours..
- Cook rice in broth according to package directions, app 16 minutes.
- Serve Thai Pork over rice.
More Barcelona memories….
For all of my friends and family in Minneapolis: Barcelona skyway
One should always be looking up when walking the streets.
The architecture and art is fantastic.
Little bits turn up…
I didn’t realize until I started looking at the photos how ‘pink’ the city is….
I’m ready to go back.