You may have heard of the classic French dish Steak au Poivre.
This isn’t it….
You may also have read my opinions on French steaks which is why I chose to do this with pork tenderloin.
French pork is excellent, succulent , and tender.
We were very happy with our Porc au Poivre.
Just one word of warning from she who has a wimpy palate: Remember that, while adding a lot of flavor, pepper can be quite hot. Be a bit careful, particularly if you are grinding fresh peppercorns, as these will be hotter than the old stuff in the can in your pantry…
Peppered Pork Tenderloin in Red Wine Sauce
Total time: 30 minutes
- 12oz (360gr) pork tenderloin, sliced 1 inch (2.5 cm) rounds
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 – 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120ml) beef stock
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120ml) red wine
- Sprinkle the pepper evenly over each side of each piece, pressing it in.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the pork and sauté for 5 minutes per side.
- Add garlic, marjoram, mustard, tomato paste, stock and red wine to pan, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Uncover and remove pork to a small platter, cover to keep warm.
- Increase heat and boil sauce, for 2 minutes. It should reduce and thicken a bit.
- Spoon a bit of sauce over the pork and serve, remaining sauce on the side.
Every week for the past 3 months my Apple ID has been hacked.
I’m getting quite irritated.
I usually find out about it in the morning when I check me email.
I’ll have 3 messages from Apple. The first saying that I requested a password change; the second saying that I changed it and the third saying that if it wasn’t me I should fix it.
I don’t click any links.
I go to Apple and, for obvious reasons, am unable to sign in.
I change my password and my security questions.
It happens again a few days later.
Thankfully, the credit card is expired so I don’t have that worry.
After the 7th or 8th time I called Apple.
I chatted with a very nice woman who told me that there wasn’t anything they could do about it other than delete the account and setup a new one.
But that would require a valid credit card….
If they can’t stop me from being hacked why would I give them more info?
In other news…..
The crop cannon stopped firing Wed. night.
Guapa does not trust the silence.
It’s been 2 days and we were finally able to go for a short walk – on leashes because leashes protect dogs from guns (as everyone knows).
I gave them both pig ears today and I had to lock her out of the house.
I told her she could have the pig ear outside or give it to Bonnie and come inside.
She thought for a very long time and finally laid down by the door and ate it.
Tonight she actually stood in the open doorway all by herself and looked out.
I think we’re making progress.