Our Food Network channel has been in a rut lately. We either get Diner’s, Drive-in’s and Dive’s or some guy talking about bizarre barbecue techniques / recipes.
To be honest, neither are worth much attention, and they are usually nothing more than background noise while we’re making dinner. (If I have time to pay attention I find an interesting documentary on Netflix.)
The subliminal message apparently has gotten through to me, however, as I decided to add bacon to the shrimp.
It would appear, by watching the Food Network, that Americans now put bacon in everything.
Why would anyone want chocolate-covered bacon? Both are nearly perfect on their own.
Just because one can do something doesn’t mean one should.
I have to admit that this is one of the best shrimp pasta dishes I’ve made…. We both agreed.
Linguine with Shrimp & Bacon
Total time: 30 minutes
- 8oz (240gr) large shrimp, cleaned
- 3oz (90gr) bacon, chopped
- 1 cup (8oz, 250gr) tomatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 125gr) Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp basil
- 1oz (30gr) Parmesan, grated
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4oz (120gr) dry linguine
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add bacon and sauté until crisp.
- Add shrimp and sauté until cooked through (opaque).
- Add paprika, cumin and sauté briefly.
- Add tomatoes, basil and cook until tomatoes form a thick sauce, 6 – 8 minutes.
- Reduce heat, stir in yogurt, pasta, and heat through.
- To finish: Put pasta into a large bowl and sprinkle with Parmesan.
The second level of the pool deck has been started.
Since it will be a few feet higher, as well as larger, mon mari decided on concrete posts, the same as under the balcony.
The pool ended up being further from the balcony than we had hoped in the quest for level ground (sort of). Everything slopes away from the house.
Of course that meant that the deck connecting the balcony to the pool is bigger than planned.
There will be 3 steps from this level going down to the pool.
A third level will connect this bit to the existing balcony.
It’s a good thing he likes to keep busy….