This is a salad that is full of flavors, keeps well, is low in fat and high in nutrition.
It’s a hit with everyone that tries it and, since it has no mayo or eggs, it’s perfect for picnics.
And there is still time for picnics….
What more can we want?
Oh, yes…. it’s easy.
We cook the beans with the pasta and everything else is fresh.
Click here to Pin Red & Green Bean Pasta SaladPrint
Red & Green Bean Pasta Salad
This is an easy salad that keeps well, transports well, and is always a favorite.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- 1 1/2 cups (5oz, 150gr) bite-size pasta
- 1 3/4 cups (15oz, 450gr) red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 10oz (300gr) green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 inch lengths
- 1 cup (4oz, 120gr) cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 3 tbs fresh, chopped basil
- 2 tbs fresh, chopped chives
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 3 tbs tarragon white wine vinegar
- 2 tbs salad olive oil
- 1 tbs walnut or sesame oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add beans to the boiling pasta for the last 4 minutes of cooking time.
- Put kidney beans, tomatoes, celery and herbs into a large bowl.
- Add all of the vinaigrette to beans and toss gently to combine.
- When pasta and green beans are done drain well, rinse briefly with cold water, drain again and add to red bean mix.
- Toss gently to combine.
- Mix soy sauce, vinegar, oregano and garlic in small bowl.
- Add oils and whisk – mixture will not emulsify (thicken) but should be well blended.
Cooking the beans with the pasta saves time and a pot.
Keywords: pasta salad, beans
Mon mari decided to take a break from deck construction.
Actually, he decided to use up all the bits he had to trim off before they warped.
So he’s building the railing.
Well, it had to be done sometime….
I think we are past pool time. It’s not heated, and with the cooler nights the water loses heat quickly.
That’s one of the problems with an above ground pool.
On the other hand it should heat up more quickly in the spring.
He started the next level this week but concrete footings are not particularly interesting so there is no photo….. Next time.
6 thoughts on “Red & Green Bean Pasta Salad; the pool”
Pool looks great!!
Thanks! We’re happy….
Beautiful deck! I like the pattern.
I also like this salad! Not something I’d have put together but it looks delicious.
And I’m still getting tomatoes. Want some? 😉
Thanks – I’ll let the hubs know you like his work.
I’m still getting tomatoes, too – so, no thanks lol
So no midnight skinny dipping ????
Next summer for sure!
Comments are closed.