This is delicious with any winter squash – pumpkin, butternut, Hubbard…
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Winter Vegetables
- 2 cups (16oz, 480gr) pumpkin, cooked or canned
- 1 whole egg or 2 egg whites
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60gr) Greek yogurt or plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup (1oz, 30gr) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1 tbs dried bread crumbs
- 1 tbs olive oil
- In medium nonstick skillet sauté leek in olive oil over medium heat until tender, about 10 minutes.
- In medium bowl whisk egg well.
- Add yogurt, 2 tbs Parmesan and herbs. Mix well.
- Add pumpkin and leeks, mix well.
- Spoon into a lightly oiled, glass baking dish
- Sprinkle the top with remaining cheese and bread crumbs.
- Drizzle with remaining oil.
- Bake at 200C (400F) for 30 minutes or until top is set and golden brown.
- Remove and serve.
You can use sour cream in place of yogurt.
Time does not include cutting up and cooking raw pumpkin.
Keywords: pumpkin, winter squash, gratin